Soliciting feedback

Subject: Soliciting feedback
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 12:32:27 -0600

Sue Gallagher's comment that you shouldn't just ask whether
testers like your docs is right on the money. The better
the questions you ask, the better the results will be. At
the risk of blowing my own horn (TOOT!), an article of mine
("Accentuate the negative: obtaining effective reviews
through focused questions") will appear in the 1Q97 issue
of Technical Communication. In it I discuss how you can
focus review questions on the problems that need fixing
(i.e., accentuate the negative), not on the things you're
already doing right. Worth a read, I hope!