Combined doc/help index

Subject: Combined doc/help index
From: "Suzanne A. Hosie" <suzy -at- WOTE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 13:25:34 +0000

Background: I'm working on a project where the documentation set consists
of a smallish (48p) user's guide, setup instructions (fold-out card) and
then all info in online help.

Issue: My client has asked that the user's guide index include references
to Help so the user knows the info is available, even if it's not in the
user's guide.

Questions:
1. If you have done this, was it successful (measured by client/employer
satisfaction as well as customers not complaining/calling because they
can't find the info)?
2. Do any of you have ideas re how to present this to the user? I've tried
a few things but haven't hit on anything I really liked.

Suzy Hosie
Write on the Edge
suzy -at- wote -dot- com