TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Subject:Opening for Senior Writer [San Mateo, California] From:Mary Anthony <mary -at- PERSISTENCE -dot- COM> Date:Thu, 9 Jan 1997 14:26:26 -0800
TITLE: Senior Technical Writer
The person filling this position will be joining a growing engineering
organization. He or she will be responsible for planning, writing, and
maintaining documentation, both hardcopy and online, for Persistence
Software products. He or she will work directly with technicians in a
dynamic software development environment. His or her duties will include the
- Participate in planning, organizing, and scheduling projects.
- Write, update, edit, and format product documentation.
- Coordinate documentation reviews.
- Participate in production process.
- Assist in planning and developing online documentation.
- San Mateo, California. (San Francisco bay area)
- Minimal travel required.
The skills of an "ideal" candidate for this position are as follows:
- 5+ years technical writing experience
- 5+ years working directly with engineers to document software products
- Experience in all phases of documentation process
- Experience using Framemaker
- Experience documenting and familiarity with relational database management
- Knowledge of object oriented concepts and C++
You do not have to program in C++, but an understanding of C++ concepts and
the ability to grasp the flow of a program is needed.
Persistence Software will compensate the appropriate person with a
competitive package of base salary, bonus, and stock grant. All standard
benefits will be included.