Bidding on a Translation Job

Subject: Bidding on a Translation Job
From: NANCY KAMINSKI <NKAMINS1 -at- FAIRVIEW -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 13:12:37 -0600

I have been given the opportunity to bid on laying out a 12-page
installation manual in three languages: French, German and Spanish.

It has been set up in English, using Word 3.0. The translation has been
done and I will be given raw text files, which I will layout to resemble the
English original.

I don't know if the original has a style sheet or is just formatted text. I
have been asked to bid two ways: the first for no style sheet, and the
second to set up style sheets and then format the doc. There are eight
illustrations in the text.

Can you people advise me on how many hours this might take? I am
proficient in Word and hope to be able to use 6.0 or 7.0, depending on the
client's own version. My initial thought is it will take 4 to 6 hours per
version to do the layout, but I'm not sure what effect working in a foreign
language will have on the time needed.

Thanks for any help you can give me. Oh--and I have to bid by Monday
morning, so if you have any thoughts, please send them right away?!?

Nancy Kaminski
Fairview Hospital and Healthcare Services
Minneapolis, MN
nkamins1 -at- fairview -dot- org OR nancykam -at- minn -dot- net