Web Page Appearance

Subject: Web Page Appearance
From: DocuMania <dcma -at- MAIL1 -dot- NAI -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 13:02:47 -0500

Hi, I'm fairly new to this list and have been following discussions about
HTML with difficulty. I assume it's the language used to create Web pages.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regardless, as I browse the Web I've been noticing a consistent pattern:
flashy graphics and crummy typography. For example, em dashes and curly
quotes seem to be unavailable. Or are the people creating Web pages
ignorant of their use? Is this a limitation of HTML, or other?

Any information you can provide will be welcome.

Carolyn Haley
DocuMania
dcma -at- ct1 -dot- nai -dot- net