Re[2]: Writers to Programmer Ratio

Subject: Re[2]: Writers to Programmer Ratio
From: Stacey Marner <marners -at- CORSAIR -dot- MANTECH-WVA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 10:50:57 EST

I'm an editor, one with very little technical knowledge. We are
definitely smaller than a hundred here, (actually about half that) so
that could be why we double up. That is the source of a lot of the
resistance, though. I have software engineers, in general very bright
people, who have not been trained to write. I think some of them are
resistant because they know their writing skills are weak and they
don't want to think about it. I also largely suspect that they are
more talented writers than they let on but, because there's an editor
in the house, they don't need to spend all that much time
proofreading, since I'm being paid to do it.

Stacey

Subject: Re: Writers to Programmer Ratio
Author: KAREN_OTTO -at- HP-Spokane-om2 -dot- om -dot- hp -dot- com at Internet
Date: 1/20/97 8:40 AM