Re: Fwd: <TR ALIGN> vs. <TD ALIGN>

Subject: Re: Fwd: <TR ALIGN> vs. <TD ALIGN>
From: Sabahat Ashraf <sabahat_ashraf -at- MENTORG -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 13:20:52 EST

On Jan 20, 10:18am, Dawn Langley wrote:

> Is there a reason why a person would choose the time consuming task of
> placing the align tag before every single data cell versus simply tagging
> each row? Both work the same to align text in the center of the cell.

Some of the automated HTML writers will forcibly do that. Their conversion
algorithm is just built that way. In fact, when last I used it Internet
Assistant for Word, *my* pet hate, would even put in a WIDTH= in to your <TD>
tag!

Sabahat.

--
735 Elm Ave Apt 5B sabahata -at- warren -dot- mentorg -dot- com
Teaneck, NJ 07666 www.rpi.edu/~ashrafs