Re: Readability Research

Subject: Re: Readability Research
From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- HOUSTON -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 09:35:53 -0600

George F. Hayhoe wrote:

> Charles Kyle wrote:
>
> <<The magazine Technical Communication Fourth Quarter 1996 had an article
> entitled Human Information Processing Correlates of Reading Hypertext. It
> had a pretty good bibliography. The article presented some very technical
> research findings saying that reading performance was about the same with
> online as printed.>>
>
> The article Charles cites was not published in _Technical Communication_,
> either in the 4Q96 issue or any other previous issue as best I can
> determine. Perhaps he meant _Technical Communication Quarterly_?

The 4Q96 issue of TCQ has yet to be published. I received the 3Q issue
(Summer 96) only last week. Perhaps Mr. Kyle could clear up the mystery
of the phantom article by checking his source?

Thanks,
Steve
--
Stephen P. Victor Phone: (713) 513-2552
Technical Writer, Software Training Fax: (713) 513-2019