Re: <TR ALIGN> vs. <TD ALIGN>

Subject: Re: <TR ALIGN> vs. <TD ALIGN>
From: Victor Chapel <victor -at- TRCINC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 12:54:39 -0400

From: Dawn Langley <CDLangley -at- AOL -dot- COM>
> << ... until the time comes to edit a page and you realize that
> the only way to update a table is to go into the code and edit
> the tages *in ever cell*. >>
>
> That is precisely why I align data by row versus individual cells.
> Even cutting and pasting presents a tedious chore when attempting
> the latter method.

When you mentioned cutting & pasting it made me think about the
tools you might use to edit HTML. If you're a curmudgeon like me
that still likes to edit raw HTML, you might want to try Homesite.

I've tried tons of HTMLS tools, and I think Homesite has the best
features for the price. Older versions are even FREE.

http://www.dexnet.com

For instance, imagine doing a search & replace on all the HTML
documents currently open. Then imagine doing a search and
replace on all the documents in an entire directory. It even
has a built-in browser. And it assigns colors to each type of
HTML tag as you code, if you make a mistake the coloring breaks,
so mistakes are obvious and easy to find.

--
Victor Chapel victorc -at- trcinc -dot- com Communications Group
The Technical Resource Connection, Inc. www.trcinc.com