Re: Top Ten?

Subject: Re: Top Ten?
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 09:39:47 PST

> I recently had a writer tell me that she was one of the top ten writers
> in the Silicon Valley. I asked her how she knew that, and she said, "I
> just know."
>
> But really, is it just a perception, or does everyone agree on who is
> tops in the field, and why?

Anyone who makes this claim should be able to back it up convincingly,
or they're just blowing smoke.

It's not like you have to have a formal competition. Many companies want
to engage only the best in their field. If you have such companies as
clients, you should use them as references. That establishes your
point directly. After all, raw skill is neither here nor there. Producing
work that is valued by your clients and readers is what matters.

-- Robert
--
Robert Plamondon, High-Tech Technical Writing, Inc.
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (541) 453-5841 * Fax: (541) 453-4139