Re: Once you get Intuit you Can't Get Out

Subject: Re: Once you get Intuit you Can't Get Out
From: Sabahat Ashraf <sabahat_ashraf -at- MENTORG -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 13:03:19 EST

On Feb 1, 7:20am, Robert Plamondon wrote:

> context of "documentation for an application program." And, if you're
> gonna tell 'em how to use one necessary bit of hardware, how do you
> justify omitting proper use of the mouse, the on/off switch, and the

I think that for while after a new technology starts becoming common, there is
a case for giving instructions in how to use it. You have to remember that
there are still people that are just now getting to the point where they can
afford a CD-ROM. I, for example, plan to buy my first computer with such a
device with the next paycheck I get. I have used one at University but am yet
to use one at the office, so if I had gone to school before they had CD-ROM's
... I hope you see my point.

> degaussing button on the monitor?

I am sure I have heard of this one before. And I have used all the buttons on
my monitor. But ask me to point to the degaussing button [shouldn't that be
De... since the phenomenon is named after a person?], and all you will get is a
sheepish grin -- <shg>.

Sabahat.

--
735 Elm Ave Apt 5B sabahata -at- warren -dot- mentorg -dot- com
Teaneck, NJ 07666 www.rpi.edu/~ashrafs

Why can't we all just ... get along?