Re[2]: Minimalism

Subject: Re[2]: Minimalism
From: JohnG_AT_spboscc%ccMail -at- SILVERPLATTER -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 11:11:02 -0400

On some newer cars with manual transmissions you have to push the
clutch pedal to the floor in order to allow the starter motor to work.

On some newer cars with automatic transmissions you have to push the
brake pedal down in order to shift from Park to Drive, even if the
parking brake is set.

Those might be intuitive actions to some; I had to look them up in the
owner's manuals.

> A car has an intuitive interface because it's standardized across >
all models, barring the difference betwen an automatic and manual >
transmission.
> If you watch people at a rental agency, they only spend enough time
> to adjust the mirrors before zooming off. They don't read the
> manual, even though they've may never have been in that model
> before. They >don't need to.

John Goldie
SilverPlatter Information, Inc.
johng -at- silverplatter -dot- com