Re: You're Wrong! It's this way! [Ref:C049746]

Subject: Re: You're Wrong! It's this way! [Ref:C049746]
From: Tom Tomasovic <Tom -dot- Tomasovic -at- NA -dot- NWMARKETS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 00:02:53 +0000

Don and all the rest of the TWs:

Although I have heard this put forth particularly about TECHWR-L, I have become
aware of this tendency on a number of mailing lists. In fact, I just replied
off line to someone from another list who did something similar to me.

I try to think of these lists as a way to share what I know with those who want
to know it.

A little kindness goes a long way.

So pack up the napalm and do it my way!!! <g,d&r>

Regards to all,

Tom <<Tom -dot- Tomasovic -at- na -dot- nwmarkets -dot- com>>

You should be aware that the information contained within this message is solely
the opinion of the writer (me). The people at NatWest have little control over
how I express myself, and they should not be held responsible for anything I say
(unless, of course, I express it as a corporate opinion).

Subject: You're Wrong! It's this way! [Ref:C049746]
Author: INTERNET TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU at Multimessage
Date: 2/4/97 10:09 PM

"I just read a reply to a message that politely, but publicly, pointed out that
the original sender had made a mistake in terminology. <snip> However, I
remember from my years as a teacher that you should praise in public and punish
in private. If this same philosophy were to be used on this list, the last part
of that statement would read, "... correct in private." Have you ever wondered
why so few people out of the 2400+ that subscribe to this list ever post
anything? Have you noticed a significant drop in the number of posting to this
list in the last several months? I have, and I'll do my best to remember and
practice this philosophy."

Don Timmerman
dtimmerman -at- anl -dot- gov