Web Authoring Opportunity

Subject: Web Authoring Opportunity
From: Kstle -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 10:42:10 -0500

The Contracting and Independent Consulting (C&IC)
Special Interest Group (former PIC) of the Society
for Technical Communication is writing a book about
the practice of consulting and contracting.
Some of the chapter s have been claimed. Some
chapters are open to development by writers who
have been contracting or consulting and understand
issues pertaining to this work.

With this book, the C&IC SIG intends to codify a
body of knowledge about the practice of contracting
and consulting. The book development is web based.
The outline of the book (and eventually the chapters,
as they are released) can be reviewed at

<http://english.ttu.edu/CICPIC/cicbook.html>.

If you want to participate in this project, sign up for
a chapter from this site.

Also, if you think of an area we missed, that you
would like to cover, you can sign up for that
through this site, as well.

Dr. Tom Barker (Texas Tech University) is working
with me to get this project up and running quickly.
We will be the editors of the book, and will each
do a chapter, as well.

The deadlines are aggressive, but workable.
Your chapter outlines are due February 14th and
your chapter will be due the last week of March.
If this opportunity sounds interesting, I urge you
to check out our site.

This is an excellent opportunity for prospective
authors to acquire both a publishing credit and
web-based project experience. There will also
be a fair amount of "free publicity" involved,
with your name & bio listed (permanently)
on the book web site.

This is a volunteer project, we expect to
provide some valuable information for folks
getting into the business of contracting or
consulting. If any moneys are realized from
the project, they will go to STC and not to any individual.

Please join us in this effort!

Karen Steele
Manager
STC C&IC SIG