Re: Business Cards

Subject: Re: Business Cards
From: Daniel Wise <dewise -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 16:09:48 -0600

Oh boy! Does this ever bring back memories! Yes, Virginia, there are other
companies besides yours that do not allow TCs to have cards. At my last
employer we fought this battle for 15 years. Only supervisory level
personnel were supposed to have business cards unless otherwise authorized
by a department manager. Our DM didn't believe in deviating from written
policy, so we had none. In other departments everyone down through
technical aides had cards.

My ploy was to return from a conference/seminar and inform my manager that I
had been asked for my business card several times, including some by people
who were considered important to our product line. I told him my response
had been, "Mother does not allow me to carry dangerous weapons."

Well, Old Illigitimus finally "carborunded" the DM. He waved the white flag
and permitted us to have business cards. We got them and 3 months later
changed the writing group name. Had to order all new cards.

Dan Wise
dewise -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com