I am Tech Writer

Subject: I am Tech Writer
From: bkane -at- ARTISOFT -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 16:54:43 MTN

Hi,
I've long found STC's presumption that we should all want to be
called "technical communicators" distasteful. Of course, this is not
important at all in relation to the valuable information I get from
this mailing list and from the STC.
But I just had to throw this in the ring: Ever since I learned how to
write I've been writing, and wanted to "be a writer" when I grew up.
Now that I've actually got a job that has Writer in its title, I'm
gonna keep it, by god!
When I need to abbreviate the job title, I still call other tech
writers TWs. Sounds funny to hear some of you refer to us as TCs.
Whatever -- to each his own.

Beth "the writer" Kane (who still remembers good old Top Cat!)
bkane -at- artisoft -dot- com

Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while.
- Unk.