Re: Fonts Unavailable

Subject: Re: Fonts Unavailable
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 18:43:42 -0500

LKLONG" <LKLONG -at- lanier -dot- com> wrote:

>If you are using MS-Windows, change your default printer to >the same one that your co-worker has selected. Frame >reformats documents to the printer (not display) fonts that >are available.

To be exact, Frame reformats to the printer driver--or at least displays
the message. The message displays:

--even if you change from a PCL to a postscript driver for the same
printer.

--even if you are not using printer-resident fonts.

In the same way, Frame announces that font information has changed every
time you add, delete, or (in version 4.0) set fonts as active or
inactive in the Adobe Type Manager--regardless of whether the document
you're opening is affected by the changes.

If the program is going to be so sensitive, I wish its messages were a
little more specific!

--
Bruce Byfield (bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com)
Technical Writer

"All saints revile her, and all sober men
Ruled by the God Apollo's golden mean--
In scorn of which we sailed to find her."
In distant regions likeliest to hold her
Whom we desired above all things to know,
Sister of the mirage and echo."
==Robert Graves