Re: "Space, the Final Frontier!"

Subject: Re: "Space, the Final Frontier!"
From: Dawn Langley <CDLangley -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 01:07:09 -0500

<< Do you find that your work space affects your output or morale?>>

It would be interesting to discover if the etiology of work space conditions
on morale and output is more physical or emotional in origin. For example,
the following two negative responses differ in nature: "I can't work in this
cramped cubicle; I don't have enough room to spread out my documents!" "If
only I had worked harder, I would have received that promotion along with a
bigger office...one with a window!!" I would posit that, for the majority,
the negative (or positive) effects of work space are more closely linked to
feelings of physical discomfort and constraint, but one shouldn't discount
any theories that may be related to emotional concerns. Afterall, work space
environments are standard reflections of status and prestige.

Coincidentally, I recall reading a study in an old psychology textbook which
revealed workers worked more efficiently after peppermint had been sprayed in
their work space.

Dawn
http://members.aol.com/cdlangley/techcomm/dawn.htm