Re: Platform of choice

Subject: Re: Platform of choice
From: Eric Haddock <eric -at- ENGAGENET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 10:14:36 -0600

I believe a majority of people use Windows for two reasons: they have to
or they have to. I haven't met anyone in person who's said "I acutally
prefer the MS Windows experience to UNIX, NeXT, OS/2, Macintosh, etc." I
always hear someone uses Windows "because" of something. They use it because
it's what their clients use, or because the software package they like is
only available for Windows, or because it's what they learned on, or because
of this or that. It's like they're apologizing.

Most of us use Windows because everyone else uses it. No other reason.
It's a vicious circle.

In the end I think it's neither here nor there because we all have a
choice for what we use in our personal lives. Business may dictate one
thing, but our own interests and likes guide what goes on at home and it's
there that we're able to live comfortably in the OS of our choice. Everyone
who uses computers for professional work knows there are alternatives with
merit. If those merits are important to you, you'll choose something other
than what you use in business. If you don't care, it seems to me you'll
probably buy Windows.
It's the easy choice anyway.

Regards from beautiful Wisconsin! :)

Me --> http://www2.pitnet.net/moonlion mailto:moonlion -at- full-moon -dot- com