Re: Platform of choice

Subject: Re: Platform of choice
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 10:27:18 -0800

At 10:14 AM 2/11/97 -0600, Eric Haddock wrote:
> I believe a majority of people use Windows for two reasons: they have to
>or they have to. I haven't met anyone in person who's said "I acutally
>prefer the MS Windows experience to UNIX, NeXT, OS/2, Macintosh, etc."

OK, here's your first, Eric. I like Windows best. And yes, I've worked
on other systems, starting with Wang, then DOS, then character-based
UNIX, then Mac, then OS/2, then Windows (so, see, Windows wasn't what
I cut my teeth on, either), then GUI UNIX, then Windows 95. Windows 95
is my platform of choice for my home system.

But whether Windows is my platform of choice or not, Windows is where
the money is. There's a larger base of Windows machines in the world than
any other OS. Most applications are developed for Windows. OK, some are
Windows *and* another OS, but most run on Windows. So, as a writer of
software documentation, Windows is the most frequently encountered OS.

So, Rodney, that's why you hear so much about Windows.

Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com
-- The _Guide_ is definitive.
Reality is frequently inaccurate.