Re: Platform of choice

Subject: Re: Platform of choice
From: Chuck Beck <cbeck -at- BGNET -dot- BGSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 00:14:09 -0500

Colleagues,

Someone (I forget now who) wrote:
>> >I believe a majority of people use Windows for two reasons: they have to
>> >or they have to...[snip]...
>> >
>> >Most of us use Windows because everyone else uses it. No other reason.
>> >It's a vicious circle.

FWIW, I have a lot of experience with (in order of use/learning) Mac, Atari
ST and Amiga (now *there's* a couple of dinosaurs for you!), Windows 3.x,
Windows 95, and Unix.

I'll take Windows 95 over any of the others any day. Lots of reasons which I
don't have time to go into now. I just wanted to let [whoever] know that
there are some with no particular platform axe to grind who still choose
Windows *not* because "they have to."