Hackos Software

Subject: Hackos Software
From: ArtElser -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 09:10:50 -0500

Linda Castellani suggested that JoAnn Hackos has software to go along with
her estimating and managing documentation projects seminar. That is, indeed,
the case. If you are interested in the software, called PUB$, please email
her at:

joann -dot- hackos -at- comtech-serv -dot- com

or call Comtech Services at:

(303) 232-7586

Ask for Tina, who should be able to either send you a demo or take your order
for the package for either PC or Mac.

DISCLAIMER (to avoid flames): What follows could be considered advertising,
but is only an attempt to provide information Linda asked for.

PUB$ helps you estimate the hours required for all skills, for example,
writer, project manager, editor, graphic artist, and then provides a tracking
system based on the estimates you've generated in the planning phase of the
project. PUB$ runs on top of Excel. The software allows you to tie together
interrelated hours, for example, automatically calculating editing and
project managing hours from the hours of other contributors based on ratios.
(You might have editing hours be calculated at 0.10 of writing hours.)

We've been using PUB$ internally for many years, and it was developed
specifically to handle the pecularities of managing publication projects.
Incidentally, we've got a new version in development, but don't have a firm
date on when that will be ready. We plan to offer a discount on the new
version to those who have bought the old version close to introduction of the
new one.

Art Elser
Comtech Services, Inc.
art -dot- elser -at- comtech-serv -dot- com