Re: TW Resumes: What to look 4?

Subject: Re: TW Resumes: What to look 4?
From: Bob Morrisette <robert -dot- morrisette -at- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 10:24:33 -0800

> From techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM Sat Feb 15 09:17:55 1997
> Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 09:09:23 -0800
> From: The Tech Writer <techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM>
> Subject: TW Resumes: What to look 4?
> To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
>
> I recall resumes being covered on this list previously, but I don't
> recall ever seeing posts asking for hiring manager expectations for
> technical writer resumes. So, a question to you technical writing
> managers out there: If I knew I was applying at a company that has its
> technical writing manager review resumes/hire writers, what should I put
> down, and what should I leave out? I presume that this would differ from
> how I would construct a resume if I knew that HR would be hiring, but
> maybe not?
>
> -David Castro
> techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com
> http://www.crl.com/~techwrtr/

Many companies scan resumes, so first you should make sure that your
resume meets scanning requirements so it will be read by a human.
The leading maker of resume scanning systems created a web page with advice
on writing resumes to pass the scanner test. The page includes other
job hunting advice, links to lists of real job openings, and a resume
template. The URL is:

http://www.resumix.com/resume/resumeindex.html

Bob Morrisette
writer -at- sabu -dot- EBay -dot- sun -dot- com