Re: Re[2]: TW Resumes: What to look 4?

Subject: Re: Re[2]: TW Resumes: What to look 4?
From: Tom Obenchain <Tom -dot- Obenchain -at- MCI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 14:47:00 -0700

Dennis Callaghan wrote:

> I have one question:
> how do you feel, pro or con, about e-mailed resumes (ASCII format)? I
> send my resume out this way exclusively (from my home e-mail, not
> work) for reasons of cost and convenience. I also prefer to deal with
> companies progressive enough to accept resumes this way. Do you see
> any advantages/disadvantages to seeking employment this way?

Great question! I am all for e-mail. ASCII does not bother me. There
are still things you can do to present the information effectively
(white space, ALL CAPS for emphasis, etc.). I would do what ever I
could to make sure that the information was concise and legible. After
all, e-mail is just as easy to 'trash' as the paper stuff.

E-mail makes my life easier. I can respond quickly and easily. I am
all for it.

Now for the down side. My love of e-mail may not be shared by the majority
of employers. If you are aware of this when you begin, you'll be able
to avoid most problems.