Re: Intern advice

Subject: Re: Intern advice
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 14:12:50 -0800

Heather Searl wrote:

>The Mongo names on my resume have opened the door to more than 1 interview for me, but I learned diddly-squat while I was with those companies. [snip]
>
>At the 2-person company I learned more in 4 months than in the rest of my work terms combined. [snip]

Sorry, Guy. I have to agree with Heather and Eric. AAMOF, I often discard
resumes that show a history of working for large companies only. I generally
need someone who can juggle many different projects and wear many different
hats, turn on a dime, gimme nine cents change, and look good doin' it. ;-)
You don't get this kind of experience or develop this kind of work style
working for Amalgamated Conglomerate. Usually, you get kinda lazy working
there. ;-)

Susan W. Gallagher Manager, Technical Publications
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com Expersoft Corporation, San Diego CA
http://www.expersoft.com