Re: WIN95 advice

Subject: Re: WIN95 advice
From: Stephen Arrants <arrants -at- BRIGHTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 09:46:30 -0800

On Thursday, February 20, 1997 6:00 PM, Dawn
Langley[SMTP:CDLangley -at- AOL -dot- COM] wrote:
> I learned WIN95 today (primarily as an addition to my resume). I understand
> that maintaining an even pace with technology is extremely advantageous
> (especially in this field), but how important is it that I know this
> particular os? I currently vacillate between OS/2 Warp (personal choice),
DOS
> 7, and Windows 3.1 but would consider using WIN95 on a quotidian basis if it
> would be worthwhile. Please respond privately so we can avert an online war
> of operating systems.
>
> Thanks,
> Dawn
> http://members.aol.com/cdlangley/techcomm/dawn.htm

I think it is very important to know at least the basics of Windows 95,
even if it isn't your 'choice' OS. I guarantee you that you'll need to
use at least one WIN95 application in your job--either documenting it or
using an application under WIN95 for an employer. These days, you've
got to have at least a nodding acquaintance with different software and
environments. I'm not a fan of OS|2, but that isn't the point--I need
to know it so I can work with it.

I don't think this needs to degenerate into an online flame fest,
either, as long as we all recognize that knowing an OS or environment is
different from *liking* it.

steve arrants