Re: Interview question

Subject: Re: Interview question
From: "Laura J. Mulcahy" <laura -at- AGENT -dot- INFODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 01:39:02 -0500

> > an
> > interviewee should always answer such questions with a "false
> > positive,"
>
> I disagree with your mom's idea of misleading the interviewer. If
> I were asked the weakness question in an interview, I would answer
> as honestly as I could for two reasons: I respect honesty and am
> honest myself, and I would respect the interviewer enough to give
> an honest answer--especially if this person would be my boss later on.

Ack!! I did _not_ mean to imply that someone should be dishonest
with their interviewing tactics. Rather, people should state
something that is a _true_ work disability. My "I take on too much work
to compensate for other people's weaknesses" suggestion would be an
honest admission for some people. I was merely recommending that
you should use potential negatives, and put positive spins on them.

You know, like, "Well, I was an axe murderer, but I got better." ;-)