Re: carpal tunnel

Subject: Re: carpal tunnel
From: Win Day <winday -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 12:07:56 -0500

At 08:42 AM 2/21/97 MST, Bill Burns <BillDB -at- TC -dot- ILE -dot- COM> wrote:
>I haven't had any problems with CTS, but when I was a nightclub performer I
>had some pretty mean bouts with tendonitis. When I started studying
>classical
>guitar, my professors made a point of stressing proper hand positions so the
>
>stress would be minimized.

I have had problems with my wrists and hands on and off for years. I
started taking fiddle lessons last fall, and haven't suffered nearly as much
since.

Proper hand position, and frequent changes in hand position, are essential.

Win
Win Day
Technical Writer/Editor
Email: winday -at- idirect -dot- com