No perfect resumes from tech. writers?

Subject: No perfect resumes from tech. writers?
From: "T. Mazza" <tmazz -at- KODIAK -dot- ADAMS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 13:27:11 -0500

I fidgeted in my seat long enough. I gotta go for the podium.

If as a tech writer you can't write a perfect one (ok, two) page resume, how
can you write a nearly-perfect brochure, manual,etc.? If you can't present
yourself well enough in front of me, how well can you represent me in front of
my clients?

I can see an engineer (oh, nothing personal against engineers) having a typo in
her resume, but a tech. writer? Ah! This shouldn't even be a question for tech
writers.

Let's say I injured my foot and it has to be cut off. Seeing I'm not a surgeon,
I hire an expert to cut off my foot, and give him the big bucks. If you're the
expert, performing surgery on my foot, but end up cutting my good foot, how
could I ever trust you with my heart?

BTW, I didn't proofread this note.

--
(Our affluence has merely convinced us that possession, rather than decency or merit, should be our prime and ultimate goal.)

Theodora Mazza