Re: Blasted Apostrophes

Subject: Re: Blasted Apostrophes
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 15:54:35 +0800

Virginia Hayden/STL/MASTERCARD <Virginia_Hayden -at- MASTERCARD -dot- COM> said:
> Interesting example! We have an ongoing debate here as to whether
> a software manual should be titled Users Guide or User's Guide.
> What's the consensus out there?

Surely this has been thrashed out at length by the well-informed folks
on the copyedit list. Did they reach a consensus? Geoff? Anyone?

BTW I use 'User Guide' or 'Using <product name>'.

Regards
---
Stuart Burnfield (slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au)
(frowns, reaches down, and scratches the old genitive case)