Re: Desensitivity training

Subject: Re: Desensitivity training
From: Judyth Mermelstein <Judyth_Mermelstein -at- BABYLON -dot- MONTREAL -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 05:52:43 GMT

Steve Fouts,stefou -at- ESKIMO -dot- COM,Internet writes:
Wow! Did I miss something here?

"Hamilton, Susan" <shamilton -at- metasolv -dot- com> wrote:

> One day last week, I posted a response to "'Splain me something...",
> and I included a reference to someone who sent a resume via email.
[snip]
And for this Susan returned to a mailbox full of flames accusing her
of being sexist or heterophobic [gasp!]? I searched the TECWR-L archives
to see if any of Susan's past posts might have set some one off. No such
luck. There were a total of four. They were topical, well written, and
almost painfully polite.

I can only conclude that some of our gentle readers need to take some
desensitivity training. As writers we should be able to tell the
difference between constructive criticism and full frontal attack.
Geeze!

Steve [A straight white male that doesn't know whether he's more
appalled by all the male bashing or the fact that so much of it
is so richly deserved] Fouts

Bless you, Steve. You are so right.
Judyth Mermelstein,
Montreal, Quebec, Canada