Re: RoboHelp and Graphics

Subject: Re: RoboHelp and Graphics
From: Susan Brown <sbrown -at- JSCSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 15:35:27 -0500

At 01:18 PM 2/27/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Susan, you will need to clarify just what the problem is with your
>screen shots. Are they too dark? Too jagged?

The software (and the help for it I am writing) may be run on
anything from 640x480 to 1028x760. (Or whatever the numbers are. Please
don't flame me on this. It's getting tiring. Get the gyst and move on.)

Cutting and pasting the graphics is not an option. Large files can't
be compiled. The problem occurs when I get my screen shot, and then put a
reference to the file that contains it in the help source file. I am running
at high res, and when the bitmap is displayed, it is inflated to match the
physical size of what would be displayed on low res (i.e. 3 inches by 4
inches). If I scale it down the size is right, but the text is unreadable
due to lost information. (I am also concerned about what the display would
look like on low res screens.)

I have been messing around for a while with this, to no effect.

RoboHelp has a brief mention of something called MRBC, which will
allow me to create driver specific bitmaps so everyone would see good stuff,
but I have no idea what that is. That is what I wanted the help with:
finding out what it is and where to find it. That is why I didn't go into
the actual problem. Sorry.

They also suggest that you need a header in your bitmap file
(biXPelsPerMeter/biYPelsPerMeter field) and everything might be all right,
but obviously the screen capture facility in Robohelp doesn't have this.

I hope that is enough information.

Susan Brown
JSC Systems

"Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you
come to the end: then stop."
- Lewis Carroll