Re: WinHelp problem...same Context #

Subject: Re: WinHelp problem...same Context #
From: Jack DeLand <jackd -at- ADAMCHARLES -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 16:06:03 -0500

David - Why are they having problems creating new IDs?
Jack DeLand :::: America's Favorite WinHelp Guru (tm)
http:\\www.adamcharles.com :::: info -at- adamcharles -dot- com

: Our programmers seem to have a problem coming up with new context numbers
: to use with their help buttons, and therefore often call the help system
: from different dialog boxes with the same number. We came up with a
: solution in which we create a "branch topic," that lists the dialog boxes
: that share the same number, with links to the topics for those dialog
: boxes. Can anyone else think of a more elegant solution? Documentation
: always gets set to "low priority" in our bug reporting system.
:
:
: -David Castro
: techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com
: http://www.crl.com/~techwrtr
:
: to 2500+ readers, e-mail to TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- Send commands
: to LISTSERV -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU (e.g. HELP or SIGNOFF TECHWR-L).
: Search the archives at http://www.documentation.com/ or search and
: browse the archives at http://listserv.okstate.edu/archives/techwr-l.html