TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
The Society for Technical Communication (STC), Toronto Chapter, proudly
announces the launch of its new
ONLINE JOB BANK
The Online Job Bank is a list of jobs for technical communicators in the
Toronto area. The STC Toronto Chapter members pay for this service as a
benefit of their membership. Until March 10, 1997, it is available at no
cost to the Internet community.
After March 10, you must join the STC Toronto Chapter to continue using
To Technical Communicators:
- Reduce your competition when applying for jobs in your field.
- Job hunting is easier because we gather the job postings and put them
into one place for our members.
- Jobs are all related to the field of technical communication - you won't
waste your time applying for unsuitable jobs.
- Post your job to a highly skilled, focussed audience.
- Your applicants will be closely matched to your needs - no more sifting
through hundreds of mis-qualified resumes.
- Membership of 460 (as of January 1997) and growing.
- Post your jobs using our online job posting form or by e-mail.
- Personalized service - get advice on writing your posting, choosing a
technical communicator, and more.
- THERE IS NO FEE FOR EMPLOYERS WHO USE THIS SERVICE!
In addition to use of the Online Job Bank, you also get these benefits when
you join the STC Toronto Chapter:
- Cutting-edge information on trends, technological developments and events
in the technical communication field.
- Valuable seminars from experts in a variety of fields.
- Toronto Chapter monthly newsletter.
- Subscription to "Intercom", the STC magazine.
- Subscription to "Technical Communication", the Journal of the STC.
- Participate in the Annual Conference (May 11-14, 1997, in Toronto!).
- Mingle with your peers, meet potential employers.
- Much, much more.