Re: Apologies for multiple sends

Subject: Re: Apologies for multiple sends
From: "Accentuated Brandname Creativity, Inc." <acreatyv -at- SATURN -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 00:41:03 -0500

Someone responded to Joe Sokohl's post:

>> Sorry to send my message 3+ times--I kept receiving a "message not
>> deliverable--mailbox full" message whose header seemed to point to the
>> listserv itself. Sorry!

>Lately I get that "undeliverable" message every time I post something to
>this list - but I find that if I wait for a while, the message shows up
>anyway.

You should always read messages about deliverability very carefully before
deciding how to follow up. A "fatal" message indicating that your post could
not be delivered to a list (because, say, you misspelled the address or are
not yet a subscriber) calls for further action; a "warning" message saying
that delivery of your post has been delayed should *not* be acted on. If
you receive a message from a fellow list subscriber's location ("mailbox
full" being an example), here too you should do nothing; Joe's point was
that you mustn't be misled by the header info, which may well refer to the
list as well as the other subscriber.

Chuck Brandstater
acreatyv -at- saturn -dot- net