Re: Extra lines in Word TOC

Subject: Re: Extra lines in Word TOC
From: "Ridder, Fred" <ridderf -at- DIALOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 14:05:35 -0500

Michael Caplan wrote (in part):

>Colleagues have been finding, that in a Word 7.0 document with
>automatic numbering for Headings and manual page breaks, that the TOC
>will insert an extra entry for the page break. And, if the style of
>the page break is changed, the style for the heading is changed as
>well.
>
>Is this a known Word bug? And, if so, does anyone have a workaround?

I don't know how well-known this bug is, but I do know that I came
up against it last year. The simple workaround is to accomplish
manual page breaks before heading paragraphs via Format>Paragraph>
Text Flow>Page Break Before rather than via Insert>Break>Page Break.

Fred Ridder (ridderf -at- dialogic -dot- com)
Senior Technical Writer
Dialogic Corporation
Parsippany, NJ