Re: student tech writer list and student internships

Subject: Re: student tech writer list and student internships
From: The Ashrafs <ashrafs -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 00:35:50 EST

On Mon, 3 Mar 1997 17:40:22 -0700 Ryan Bangerter
<bangertr -at- SCRATCHY -dot- ITSNET -dot- COM> writes:
>I have two questions. Please respond to either.
>1. Does anyone know of a list for students of technical writing?

I would seriously recommend that students join this one. I wish I had
known of this lsit when I was a student.

>2. I am the President of the student BYU Chapter of STC, and our =
>meeting for March will present the benefits of internships. If anyone
>=
>has some input for the students as to the value of interning as a =
>technical writer, please give me you ideas. =20

There was quite a discussion going a little while back about interning at
a big corporation vs. at a small startup that boiled down to something
like the big name looks good on the CV but you learn a helluva lot more
at a startup. Both ways, you get a leg up in the "real world".

My tuppence 'orth.

Sabahat.