IM-STC March Meeting

Subject: IM-STC March Meeting
From: Marj Hermansen <MARJ_HERMANSEN -at- NOVELL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 16:39:23 -0700

"This morning I took out a comma and this afternoon I put it back again."
--Oscar Wilde

The Intermountain Chapter of the
Society for Technical Communication
presents:

+++ Editing's Many Facets +++

Join a panel of expert, technical editors in a lively discussion of

o Editing in the '90s--Issues of concern include the telecommuting
editor, online editing, collaborative editing, peer editing, no
editing (Yikes!)

o Edit-crazed engineers--How to get subject-matter experts to only
review for technical accuracy.

o Stretching the timeline--or, getting all the mileage you can from
one or two editing passes.

o Human Factors editing--the interface, design spec, and the editor.

The Whens and Wheres:

Date: Wednesday, March 19th, 1997
Time: 7:00 - 9:15/30 p.m.
Location: Novell, Orem
1775 North Technology Way
Bldg. Q Conference Rooms
(Exact room number will be posted on the
front door to Bldg. Q)
=======================================
Directions to Novell, Orem

Exit I-15 at Orem, 1600 North (exit #272)
-Take 1600 North, East to 750 East. The Novell Campus
is on your right. Turn right at the large Novell sign. Go south
to the 3-way intersection (T-shape) and turn left. Just past
the bus stop, turn right. Bldg. Q is the last building on your
right before you leave the Industrial Park.

Hope you'll plan to join us!
Invite friends who might be interested... meet and mingle with the
only people in the area who really understand what you suffer through
at work! <smile>

As usual, light refreshments will be provided.

Grant Hogarth, Onyx Graphics Corp. Midvale, UT grant -at- onyxgfx -dot- com
Vice President, Intermountain Chapter, Society for Technical
Communication

"He who works with his hands is a laborer; he who
works with his hands and mind is a craftsman; he
who works with his hands, mind and heart, however,
is an artist."
-- Anonymous