Re: Newsletter article re The List

Subject: Re: Newsletter article re The List
From: John Posada <jposada -at- NOTES -dot- CC -dot- BELLCORE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 15:13:48 -0500

I agree with Sue..

I often say things in this forum, that if taken out of context, would not have
the right meaning (hell, sometimes "in" context doesn't have the right meaning
<g>)

If it is a quote, all normal conventions should be followed. There is no
reason to do otherwise, just because it is this type of forum.

John Posada
Central NJ Employment Manager - Technical Proposal Writer
STC - Bellcore
http://stc.org/region2/njc/ - (908) 699-5839

jposada -at- notes -dot- cc -dot- bellcore -dot- com (work)
http://www.bellcore.com (work)

jposada -at- injersey -dot- com (personal)
http://nj5.injersey.com/~jposada (personal)

"If you give a person a fish, they'll fish for a day. But if you train a
person to fish, they'll fish for a lifetime."
Vice President Dan Quayle 10/13/92
I don't speak for my employer and they return the favor

At 01:20 PM 3/7/97 -0500, Kyle, Charles wrote:
>Hello,
>I plan to write a few newsletter articles featuring highlights of
>discussions from various Lists including the TechWr List.

I have been quoted several times, in STC newsletters and elsewhere.
In each instance, I've been contacted privately asking if a specific
post might be quoted. I havn't refused permission -- *yet* <g> --
and I generally request a copy of the publication in which I'm
being quoted.

This seems like a fair and comfortable solution to all concerned,
so I suggest that you follow this model.

Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com
-- The _Guide_ is definitive.
Reality is frequently inaccurate.