Printing Process

Subject: Printing Process
From: "Kyle, Charles" <STAMFORD/EISPO1/CKYLE%EIS_International -at- MCIMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 14:12:00 EST

Our printer uses a Xerox DocuTek system to photocopy our manuals.
(DocuTeks are common. Call around for a print shop that has one.)
The Docutek reads our MS Word files and produces copies from an
"electronic" master. This eliminates one step in the process and produces
"better" copies.

To eliminate the problem with "muddy" screen shots, our printer vender
gave us a Xerox Postscript Windows Printer driver that
we installed on our PCs. When we are ready to finalize the manual, we select

"Xerox Printer" and print our manuals out to a file or files, which are
PostScript .
Then we Zip the files and send them to the printer. The results are very
good.

If you want more info, contact me off line.

Charlie Kyle
ckyle%EIS_International -at- MCIMAIL -dot- COM
EIS Systems
Stamford CT USA

This message, including all typos and misspellings, may be freely
copied, distributed or otherwise retransmitted.

Andrea G. Kenner wrote
I would like to ask your help in solving a problem we are having with
the printing of our documentation....The problem arises when we try
to reproduce our manuals on a high-speed photocopier. The screen shots
in the resulting copies are barely readable. .....We worked with a printing
vendor
who advised us to convert our documents to PageMaker and then to a
PostScript file.