Re: Printing Process (long question)

Subject: Re: Printing Process (long question)
From: David Wernick <david -at- WRITEPOINT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 23:03:22 +0200

Andrea Kenner (agkenner -at- erols -dot- com) asked:

> When we print the original copy of our manuals on our HP 4 printer
> (600 dpi), the screen shots look fine. The problem arises when we try
> to reproduce our manuals on a high-speed photocopier. The screen shots
> in the resulting copies are barely readable. (We are currently using
> Paint Shop Pro to create the screen shots.)

Usually the problem is that the images are too dark for photocopying. Try
lightening them in an image-processing program. For screen captures, often a
gamma correction gives the best results.

> We worked with a printing vendor who advised us to convert our documents
> to PageMaker and then to a PostScript file that could be imported into
> their printing system.

You don't need PageMaker. Install a PostScript printer driver and print the
Word document to a file.

David Wernick

WritePoint (formerly TIRZA)
Developers of:
* User's Guides * Technical Manuals * Online Documents *
* Custom MS Word Macros * Authoring Tools *
Web http://www.writepoint.com
Tel 972-3-9362170 Fax 972-3-9363645
Email david -at- writepoint -dot- com