Microsoft icons?

Subject: Microsoft icons?
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 10:44:46 -0600

Hello. I thought I'd bring this question to techwr-l
because many of you have dealt with documenting Microsoft
or Microsoft-based products more than I.

Situation: I work with a client on their intranet. The
intranet serves up mostly HTML files, PDF files, and PPT
files. We have found it handy to use the small PDF icon
that Adobe provides to indicate when a link will be a PDF
download instead of a link to an HTML page. (Adobe provides
a license to allow use of this icon.) The benefit is that
a casual surfer of the intranet has a visual clue they are
about to try a PDF download, which usually takes a bit
longer for our field personnel.

Question: Does Microsoft provide a small graphic icon
to alert people that a link is a PPT file? I found something
that would work on this page
http://www.microsoft.com/powerpoint/work_temp.htm

but I have no indication that Microsoft would allow others
to use it.

PPTs are usually very large to d/l, so the icon would be
very helpful to the intranet users.

Thanks for any helpful info.

Regards,
LaVonna

LaVonna F. Funkhouser lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com
COREComm Webmaster webmaster -at- corecomm -dot- com

http://www.corecomm.com/corecomm/