Re: Trouble with Screen Shots

Subject: Re: Trouble with Screen Shots
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 15:18:43 -0800

At 05:07 PM 3/14/97 -0500, Amy Brown wrote:

>I did my manual in Word 7, and it printed through Docutext just fine...

>1) I printed to *.prn files and sent the printers the files. This way _they_
>didn't have to convert the files. (On Win95, install the Apple LaserWriter
>II NTX. Under Properties/Details, make sure the port you're printing to is
>FILE:)

We found that, though any postscript driver will work OK, the real docutech
printer drivers work best. You can grab actual Docutech printer drivers from
the Adobe web site. Search for "printer drivers" and you'll get an alpha list
of printer manufacturers. Cruise down to the listing for "VerTec, XANTE, and
Xerox" and follow the link to download group12.exe -- a self-extracting zip
of Win 95 drivers. The site includes instructions.

We use .bmp screenshots done on the cheep (using alt+print screen and
paintbrush) and the greys are flawless.

(That's http://www.adobe.com )

Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com