Re: Doc delivery problems: got an answer?

Subject: Re: Doc delivery problems: got an answer?
From: "Dennis Hays/The Burden Lake Group, Ltd." <dlhays -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 23:23:35 -0500

Mail order pricing for Adobe Acrobat 3.0 (which contains
everything--Reader, Exchange, Catalog, etc--for Mac and IBM, is US$199.95.
Just bought it for personal use and also making another purchase this week
for corporate use.

I'd be interested in finding out more about the EDI implications for my
company. Novalis is a company supplying managed health care solutions and
has an EDI application in the process of rewrite.

Dennis

At 11:36 AM 3/17/97 +0800, you wrote:
>>I've thought of PDF and it was suggested by another person. But doesn't the
>>authoring tool cost quite a bit? Like $2500? I hesitate to spend that kind
>>of money when the possibility exists that an inexpensive (or free) tool
>>will give me the same results. (I do realize that eliminating hardcopy
>>distribution will save $2500 many times over in the years to come.)
>>
>>Other suggestions?
>>
>Oooh! Big exaggeration! Unless you are doing some heavy duty postscript
>work, you do not need the expensive version, (and last I heard, it was not
>nearly that high anyway). Simple Acrobat Exchange costs less than USD
>200.00 and will do everything you need.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Lee Kimmelman
>Ulead Systems Personal
>leek -at- ulead -dot- com -dot- tw kimmelma -at- pristine -dot- com -dot- tw
>http://www.ulead.com http://www1.asiaonline.net.tw/~kimmelma
>
>Because it seems so common here, and in case you may have thought
>otherwise, my opinions are mine and mine alone, Don't blame Ulead for what
>I said.

>to 2500+ readers, e-mail to TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- Send commands
>browse the archives at http://listserv.okstate.edu/archives/techwr-l.html

Dennis Hays
The Burden Lake Group, Ltd.
Telephone: (518) 477-6388