Re: Do techies really know what other techies need?

Subject: Re: Do techies really know what other techies need?
From: "Kristine J. Olberg" <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 14:01:57 -0600

Sorry if my response sounds a little combative, but I get really sick and
tired of programmers who know it all.

Here are some arguments:
- You were hired to write the stuff; the programmer was hired to PROGRAM
the stuff.
- If he could produce good material, why did they hire you?
- Do you change everything based on input from one person?

Megalomaniacs like this guy rarely make good technical writers. They make
too many assumptions about what EVERYBODY needs. (Here's their mentality:
"EVERYBODY" thinks just like them. And if they don't, they should.)

Regards...Kris
kris -at- olberg -dot- com
kolberg -at- actamed -dot- com