Re: Carolyn Haley

Subject: Re: Carolyn Haley
From: Rachael Schumacher <SCHUMACR -at- BRIAR-CLIFF -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 09:04:28 -0600

Carolyn wrote: "I thought _all_ writing was creative."

I must say that it could be true that almost all writing has the
potential to be creative, but only by the choice of the writer. Have you
read the instructions for over the counter cold remedies, or the owner'
manual
for a Torro snow blower. These are basic data for the most part, and there
are many other types of basic data that are written but are not necessarily
creative.

Thanks to all of you who have responded so far. I am getting a lot of
good "stuff", and I like it!!!!

Rachael Schumacher

P.S. Please keep the information rolling out on this topic.