Re: Creativity in Technical Communications

Subject: Re: Creativity in Technical Communications
From: Michelle Corbin Nichols <tigger -at- VNET -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 18:54:57 -0500

>>Phillip Wilkerson <phillipw -at- ALLENSYSGROUP -dot- COM> wrote:
>>Technical writing is like writing a sonnet.

I have never heard such a brilliant analogy. Anyone who has ever studied
sonnets and attempted to write them, can truly appreciate how true the
anaology is. Poetry requires so much more than just creativity, as you have
to know the forms, functions, rhythms, rhymes, and other pieces that make
up a good poem. And, technical writing is so much more than the forms,
functions, etc....it requires a touch of creativity.

TTFN,
Michelle

p.s. If you want to see my own attempts at sonnets, and won't think
negatively about my technical writing abilities because of them, check out:
http://users.vnet.net/catdrag/michelle/poetry.html .... a list of my
sonnets are near the top. I like "Lonliness" the best....