Re: Help!!!!

Subject: Re: Help!!!!
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 22:50:13 -0800

On Sat, 29 Mar 1997 12:33:59 -0500, SUZANNE PYLE wrote:

>Hi...anyone know how to convert/ or import Word 97 or Word 7.0 files into
>Frame 5 for windows? From what I've seen, Frame 5 only takes Word 6 docs.

It's more a matter of, Frame DOESN'T do Word 7/97 because Microsoft
made their file formats incompatible with previous version (for that
matter, Word 7 won't read Word 97 files either).

There is NO-ONE to blame in this case, except Microsoft. Pardon the
expression, but it's time to bend over, and take your medicine: you've
just been screwed by Billy-Boy.

Aren't you glad you bought Microsoft?

>And when I save Word 7 or Word 97 files as 6.0, Frame still doesn't take
>them and I get a fatal error.

I'm not surprised.

Can you save as Word 2.0 or some other format Frame can read (WP6
maybe)? The older the format, the less bells-and-whistles it has, and
the less chance Frame won't be able to read it.

For the future, I'd suggest asking Microsoft for a refund on Word 9x,
and just stick to Word 6.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<insert standard disclaimer here>