Re: Reloading Word 6

Subject: Re: Reloading Word 6
From: SUZANNE PYLE <comline -at- STAR -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 12:28:45 -0500

At 09:17 AM 3/31/97 +0200, David wrote:
>Suzanne,
>
>>I also can't reload Word 6.0
>>on my machine..for some reason it won't load.
>
>I had this problem too. For some reason I can't save as rtf in Word 7. So I
>tried to reload Word 6. Nothing doing though.
>
>This is bad news that Word 97 isn't backwards compatible with Word 6 and 7.

Suzanne replies:

And this a.m. I called Adobe and learned that they currently do not have any
plans to support Word 97. So anyone with Word 97 will have to keep their old
Word 95 around when they want to use a word processor first before loading
into Frame. Adobe also confirmed that the saved file format from 97 to 95
isn't clean, and isn't a true 95 or 6.0 version of Word.