Re: Word '97 vs. Frame 5.1.1

Subject: Re: Word '97 vs. Frame 5.1.1
From: Melonie Holliman <mrh -at- ABMDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 13:39:40 -0600

Howdy, Yall:

Oh, no--please! I am the only one using Frame in this company.
EVERYONE else uses Word. Though my primary job is writing, I do
a good bit of "cleaning up" (formatting, editing, etc.). If
compatibility ended, I would either spend a large amount of my
time typing or I would be creating manuals in Word. Either way,
it is alot easier just to port docs between programs.

As long as we keep compatibility alive and well, we have a much
better chance to use the right tool for the job. If we take away
compatibility, I bet you a lot of us end up bending weird ways
trying to use a less-than-ideal package. That or we would spend
a large amount on Third party filtering packages.

Believe me when I say BEEN THERE, DONE THAT! Back in the old
days (1993-1995) I suffered through many compatibility issues.
I hope filtering only gets better; I dread it getting worse.

Melonie Holliman
The Tech Writer
ABM Data Systems, Inc.
Austin, Texas